World’s First Economical MIPS Tablet With Android ICS 4.0
It is hard to find Android 4.0 tablet these days, but MIPS technologies brings the most economical world’s first ICS tablet. No doubt the tablet is made by Chinese manufacturer but under $100 is almost worthless.
As the name implies its MIPS based tablet having MIPS processor which no doubt matters a lot in making its price down. On the other hand other specs satisfy the standard of a full featured tablet like:
- 7” capacitive touch screen
- 1GHz MIPS-based XBurst CPU with a Vivante GC860 GPU
- 1 GB RAM
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Primary 2 megapixel camera on the back
- Secondary front facing camera for video calls
- HDMI and microSD support
- Battery lasts for 30 hours on standby or about 8 hours on video playback
MIPS works on the idea of “low cost high performance tablet” and here its outcome the World’s first Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet which is available in Chinese market via Ainol Electronics Co. at price of $99 but people from other parts of world will have to pay shipping cost of $60 to catch the tablet. Watch out the demo video!
| via |