This is another addition to the Toshiba Excite Family and is certainly surprising as it appeared in the tech world just at the time of CES when it will be launched. The tablet is named as Toshiba Excite X10 and is claimed to be the world’s thinnest tablet ever. It is also claimed that it is much lighter and thinner than the iPad2 design.
The 10-inch Toshiba Excite X10 comes with lots of interesting specs and also includes a docking station support having an HDMI and Power support. The body design is pretty smart and stylish built with high-quality magnesium alloy surface on the back and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with an anti-smudge coating on the display. While the hardware specs include:
- 10.1-inch 1280 x 800 touchscreen display
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 1.2GHz multicore processor
- 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 5.0MP rear-facing camera with LED flash
- 2.0MP front-facing camera
- 16 and 32GB microSD card support
- HDMI Micro USB 2.0 port and micro HDMI support
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- GPS and built-in compass
At the time we got the tablet it was run on Android Honeycomb operating system but it will be upgraded to android latest OS the ICS 4.0 soon. The tablet comes in two version 16GB and 32GB thus have different prices as well; the 16GB version is priced at $529.99 and 32GB is priced at $599.99 and will be available in January.
| via |