OCZ technology brings a new lineup of low profile slim SSDs called Vertex 3 LP Solid State Drives. The drives will be available in four different size including 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The size of these SSDs are 2.5-inch which easily fits into the thinner notebooks.
Vertex 3 SSDs are based on SATA III 6.0 Gbps interface with following features:
- MLC NAND Flash memory chips
- TRIM support
- MTBF of 2 million hours
As far its data rates for read and write is concerned, it depends upon the size of the drive i.e.
- Max. Read and Write speeds for 60GB are up to 535MB/s and up to 480MB/s respectively
- Max. Read and Write speeds for 120GB are up to 550MB/s and up to 500MB/s respectively
- Max. Read and Write speeds for 240GB are up to 550MB/s and up to 500MB/s respectively
- Max. Read and Write speeds for 480GB are up to 530MB/s and up to 450MB/s respectively
These above mentioned data rates significantly improving your gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience over traditional mechanical hard drives. Pricing and availability information are yet to announce!
| via |